In most situations, you will need to secure an Egypt visa before your trip if you wish to travel to Egypt.
One of the world’s earliest civilizations, Egypt had unified kingdoms as early as 3000 BC, during the reign of the Pharaohs. It is home to ancient structures dating back thousands of years, including the Pyramids of Giza (one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World), the Sphinx, and ancient tombs covered in hieroglyphs.
To visit these stunning ancient ruins, the majority of visitors must have an Egypt visa, though. Fortunately, the Egyptian government has simplified the visa application procedure for many.
Egypt Tourist Visa
A short-term visa for Egypt, lasting no longer than 90 days, is known as a tourist visa. While citizens of the aforementioned nations are free from the need to apply in advance for an Egypt tourist visa, they still need one if they intend to remain for an extended period of time.
Additionally, citizens of a number of additional nations are qualified to apply for an Egypt tourist visa online or upon arrival in Egypt.
Note:If a person wants to stay in Egypt permanently, they must still apply at an Egyptian embassy or consulate, even if they are eligible for an Egypt tourist visa that can be obtained online or on arrival. If you want to know more information Holidays Story Ltd.
Applying for an Egypt Visa On Arrival
You must get the visa after arriving in Egypt but before going through immigration if you are from one of the nations eligible for an Egypt Visa On Arrival. At one of the visa-issuing counters at Egyptian entry ports, you can obtain a Visa On Arrival. The visa fee for Egypt must be paid in exact change.
Many visitors, even those who qualify for visas on arrival, still opt to get their Egypt travel documents in advance. This is owing to the fact that all nationals qualified for the VOA are also eligible to apply for an Egypt visa online, and the online application method provides a higher level of security because you are informed of the status of your visa before finalizing any travel arrangements.
Tourist / Business Visa Requirements:
- Passport: Original passport having a minimum six-month expiration date after the anticipated date of departure and at least two blank visa stamp pages
- a) copies of previously issued passports and visas
.b) Add all of your previous passports. (if any).
- c) Details of the original letter sent by the country’s authorities would be preferred in the event that any visa request was denied.
- Egypt Visa Application Form: The applicant must complete and sign the visa application form.
- Photo Specification: Two recent images the size of a passport, matte or semi-matt, with 60 to 80% face coverage, a white backdrop, and no borders (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
- Please Note: The photo should not be older than three months, should not be scanned or stapled, and should not have been used for a previous visa.
- Covering Letter: Covering letter from applicant listing name, title, passport number, purpose, and who will bear the whole cost of the trip, including airfare, lodging, and other expenses. To: The Visa Officer, Egyptian Embassy, Dhaka.
- Invitation Letter: (If Any)
- a) Sending Letter/NOC on corporate letterhead from the applicant’s company authority detailing the applicant’s name, position, passport number, reason for visit, and planned length.
b)Letter from the educational institution requesting a visa, student ID, or other proof of enrolment in school(if student)
- Proof of Occupation:
- a) document proving company registration (photocopy of the original notarized translation into English) whether the applicant is a business owner or a first-time traveler .b)Copies of visiting cards and office ID cards.
- a)a company’s or an individual’s bank statement from the past six months that clearly states the name and phone number of the bank.
b)Payslip for the previous six months. (If Any)
Applying for an Egypt Visa at an Embassy or Consulate
Anyone who needs an Egypt visa but isn’t exempt from them or qualifies for Egypt Visa On Arrival or Online must submit an application through an Egyptian embassy or consulate in their nation or a nearby one.
Depending on which country’s embassy or consulate you applied for a visa at, the specific application varies. However, the following summarizes the procedure for applying for an Egypt visa:
- To arrange an appointment, get in touch with the Egyptian embassy or consulate.
- Finish filling out the Egypt visa application form. At the embassy/consulate offices, you can obtain the application form.
- collect the necessary paperwork
- Pay the visa fee for Egypt.*
- Apply and submit the required paperwork at the Egyptian embassy or consulate. Ask them about the submission procedure because some offices only accept in-person entries, while others also accept mail-in submissions.
- Await the processing of the visa
- Upon approval of your application, you can pick up your passport together with the visa (or have it mailed back to you).
*You might need to pay the visa cost in advance by bank transfer or in cash at the real visa counter at the embassy or consulate. For details on the particular visa fee requirements, check with the Egyptian embassy or consulate. The list of Egypt visa costs is provided below.
If they deem it necessary, the consulate or embassy may also demand an interview.
Note:If you intend to stay in Egypt for a lengthy period of time and you are from a nation that does not require a visa or if you qualify for an e-Visa or VOA, you must also apply for your visa at an Egyptian embassy or consulate.
Egypt visa processing time
Depending on how you apply, the processing time for an Egypt visa varies. When you apply for a Visa On Arrival, you will find out if you were approved or not there and then.
It is advised to apply at least seven days before your intended trip because the Egypt e-Visa takes about seven days to process.
The processing period varies each embassy or consulate, depending on whose office you apply to. Apply well in advance of your intended trip, but no earlier than three months, as it usually takes at least 10 working days.
If you submit your application by mail, remember to factor in the time it will take for the paperwork to be sent back and forth.
Duration of an Egypt Visa
The number of entries permitted by the visa determines how long it is valid for in Egypt. As a result:
- Egypt’s e-Visa and Visa On Arrival are both good for 90 days after the date of issuance. They permit you to stay in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days and are only good for one entry.
- Single-entry tourist visas for Egypt are valid for six months and allow for a maximum 60-day stay.
- Multiple-entry A tourist’s stay in Egypt is limited to 90 total days and is permitted for a period of six months with an Egypt visa.
Can you extend an Egypt Tourist Visa?
At the Egypt Passport and Immigration Administration, you might be eligible to extend a tourist visa for Egypt (a short-term visa) for an additional 90 days. A copy of your passport, your Egypt visa, and sufficient funds to cover the processing cost are required.
Do I need an Egypt Transit Visa?
The length of your transit will determine if you require an Egypt transit visa. As a result:
- You do not require a transit visa if your transit is less than six hours long, but you cannot leave the airport.
- You can leave the airport and explore the neighborhood if your journey is between six and forty-eight hours. You must present a current passport as well as evidence of onward travel.
- If you plan to transit for more than 48 hours, you must obtain the necessary visa.