Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance
When you fly, there are limits to the weight or potentially pieces of baggage you can check in or carry on board. Certain impediments and limitations likewise apply, and these may contrast by country and airline. Your check-in and cabin baggage may likewise be exposed to safety efforts commanded by the applicable authorities.
Since you won’t approach baggage that you have checked in, we suggest that you convey all your travel documents, medicine, and resources in your cabin baggage, which will be with you all through your flight. You ought to likewise make sure to label your checked baggage with your name and contact details.
Your checked baggage allowance depends on the weight or piece idea, depending on your final destination. When you book a flight with Singapore airlines, your free baggage allowance will be indicated on your ticket.
You are firmly advised against packing important and delicate things in your checked baggage, for example:
- Securities / Negotiable papers
- Silverware / precious metals
- Money / Jewelry / Other valuable items
- Business / Travel / Identification documents
- Perishable items
If you’re carrying food items in your checked baggage, the same considerations apply as that for your cabin baggage.
For flights to and from all destinations, except the USA.
|Class of travel||Allowance||PPS Club members||KrisFlyer Elite Gold / Star Alliance Gold members|
|Suites and First Class||50kg||Extra 50kg
|Business Class||40kg||Extra 40kg
|Premium Economy Class||35kg||Extra 35kg
Total: 55 kg
Total: 50 kg
Total: 50 kg
An infant is entitled 10kg of baggage allowance. If you are traveling with an infant, you can check in an item each from the following two classifications:
In case you’re a PPS Club or KrisFlyer Elite Gold part, you’ll likewise appreciate extra checked baggage allowances on SilkAir.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your checked baggage arrives securely at your destination:
- Pack within your baggage allowance. Extra baggage charges will be required past the free baggage allowance.
- Try not to include any medication, valuable items or significant documents, for example, Laptop, Jewellery, money, visas, Certificates, etc., in your checked baggage.
- Delicate and transient items should not be conveyed in your checked baggage.
- Attach your contact information inside and outside your checked baggage with your full name, Permanent address, email, and phone number.
- Remove all baggage tag and marks from past flights from your checked baggage.
At the Airport:
- Check in your baggage before the check-in counter off. Kindly click here for the check-in counter closure timings.
- Try not to check in any baggage whose substance you are not completely aware of.
- Inform our check-in staff if there are any restricted things or dangerous items in your checked baggage, for example, lithium-ion batteries and power banks. If it’s not too much trouble click here for a list of restricted items and dangerous goods. Do clear up with check-in staff on the off chance that you are uncertain whether an item in your checked baggage is a restricted item.
- Inform the check-in staff of any protruding parts or existing harm to your checked baggage during check-in.
- Inform the check-in staff of any fragile things in your checked baggage during check-in.
- Retain the checked baggage receipt given to you by the check-in operator even in the wake of arriving at your destination.
- Check that the traveler name, number of baggage checked in and the destination appeared on the checked baggage receipt is right.
- Lock your checked baggage. Checked baggage for flights departing to/from the USA, please, use only TSA locks as non-TSA approved locks will be pried open should your checked baggage be liable to inspection by TSA.
- Guarantee all loss and protruding parts, for example, strap and handles, are safely attached to your checked baggage.
- Collect all checked baggage before leaving the arrival hall.
- Check the baggage tag upon collecting your baggage to confirm ownership before leaving the arrival hall.